Sunday, March 05, 2006

Football Shutball hai rabba

Exams over, final sem, kya kare? Baithe Baithe kya karein karna hai kuch kaam, shuru karo ab football leke prabhu ka naam. So we go down to play football in our newly filled with sand hostel ground in block 2. The place is more fit for playing beach volleyball than football with so much sand bieng filled in. So off we go onto the field. A few kicks and passing and all the Beckhams and Ronaldo's are ready to start tge match. The supposedly 'oldest' guy in the team (and the one teased as a grandad) comes out with full intensity, its almost as if he's fighting for us to acknowledge his existence (Yeah thats what happens when u watch too much naruto. For the uninformed, Naruto is a cartoon related to ninjas and narutos fight to prove his worth) .
A few tackles here and there and this guy tries to hit the ball so hard, misses and kicks my foot instead. Slight wobbling but i get back to senses play for another half an hour when the match is called off due to the arrival of refreshments from the rest of the group which had gone to the city.
I have a bath, spend some time online, feel a slight pain in my right foot and doze off. Had to get up ealy @ 6 to leave for a mountaineering trip. I wake up and voila, my foot refuses to touch the ground. Just at the pretext of a contact with the floor which I had just cleaned in my dreams a few nights ago it shoots a huge pain right up my entire body. I can't go for the trip :( So the rest of the group leaves for the trip and the only two who stay behind are me and the extra vigourous grandad who seems to have developed some trouble in his bone from too much kicking around.
A call from home, do i tell them, no dont, yes no problem do, no dont, but yes i do tell them and here I get a huge list of do's and dont's. Go to the doctor, don't go alone, keep ur foot in warm water, dont keep it down.....................
So I get a friend to call up the dispensary and call for an ambulance. It's been almost an hou waiting for the ambulance since I completed my tirade of climbing down the first floor hopping on one foot. Getting bored again, so I check my medical history with my medical card and there's a new fact to be discovered there. During my entire four years ive always visited the dispensary in the month of August ans this time ive added another new first to add to my previous blog. So this pal of mine suggests that i should never get married in August. I come up with a brilliant plan for my marriage, I'll get married on my birthday so that on each anniversary it's going to be me who gets all the rest and affection because its my birthday in addition to the anniversary and i wouldn't have to do any stupid make your wife happy stuff !!!! Nice plan but here comes another rider, if my anniversary is going to clash with my birthday then that day which is probably going to be the only day in the entire year when im going to get pampered and all is also going to become a make your wife happy day, so I come up with another brilliant plan, I'll marry the girl on HER birthday which means two days when I would have to do a lot of work and give gifts would now be reduced to just one and even on that day I might get something in return bieng my anniversary too :D
Anyways we meet the doctor, who turns out to be a gyneacologist (gyneac my foot, literally !!) and she says get an X Ray tommorow since it can't be done on a Sunday. I'm given a crutc, crepe bandage and some pain killers and anti inflammatory to help me pass off the day in peace. Sheesh back in room I have to make a few minor adjustments like pulling my bed close to the comp and using my crutch as the stopper to throw away the need for any latch.
So now im downloading a few movies from the LAN to get over the next few days, sitting in front of the comp and lying on my bed at the same time and getting my fod delieverd to my room by the mess guys. Feels like a true David Beckham treatment doesnt it !!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So its two of the three members of ur Btp grp...guess its the turn of RooRudRon.